J CROWS Lugols Iodine Solution 5 Percent, Thyroid Support Iodine Supplement, Liquid Drops, 10% Potassium Iodide and 5% Iodine, the Trusted Original Since 1829 (1.0 fl oz), Plus Thyroid Worksheet.
Lugol's, Lugols, Lugol's Iodine, Iodine, Iodine Lugol's,Lugols Iodine, Jcrows, Crows, Miss Lizzy
What is the benefit of using iodine?
The thyroid (located at the frontal base of the neck) is the key gland that furnishes energy to every cell in your body. Its function is dependent on a balance of nutrients and trace minerals. These include zinc, copper, manganese and especially iodine.
Iodine is an essential nutrient that is needed for the production of the body's thyroid hormones and is therefore required for normal thyroid function. Thyroid hormones are responsible for our basal metabolic rate (BMR), which reflects the body's use of energy.
As well as this, they are needed for:
- Normal growth and development
- Protein synthesis
- Cholesterol synthesis
- Carbohydrate absorption
- Energy metabolism
- Nerve and bone formation
- The condition of the skin, hair, nails and teeth
- Speech and mental state
What happens if you do not have enough iodine in your body?
Iodine deficiency is thought to increase the risk of certain cancers, such as those of the breast, ovary and uterus. Iodine levels may also be low in people with fibrocystic breast problems. Iodine supplementation may help prevent oestrogen from binding to breast cell receptors and may reduce symptoms of breast swelling and pain.
The thyroid gland does not function well in the absence of adequate iodine and trace minerals. Applying tincture of iodine to your skin is the most efficient (as well as most economical) method of determining a metabolic deficiency of iodine. It acts as a test, as well as a treatment.
Iodine and Breast Health
The theory is that an absence of iodine renders the tissue more sensitive to oestrogen stimulation. This hypersensitivity can produce excess secretions, over the limit of absorption, thus distending the breast ducts to produce small cysts and later fibrosis (hardening of the tissue due to the deposition of fibrin, similar to the formation of scar tissue).
Assessment of iodine deficiency has shown that 70% of women may experience softening of the breast tissue and reduction in hardened tissue after using iodine appropriately.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Symptoms of an Underactive Thyroid
- Weight gain
- Dry skin & hair
- Feeling tired or fatigued
- Joint pain
- Aches, pain or stiffness
- Increased sensitivity to cold
- Low body temperature
About J.CROW'S Lugol's Solution
- #1 Best Seller on Amazon.
- Lowest heavy metals rating by the Natural News Forensic Food Lab. Equivalent to USP or Higher.
- Lugol's Solution is the Trusted Original since 1829.
- Equivalent to USP or Higher.
- Made from premium ingredients derived from USA mined crystals in 320 million year old natural brine deposits two miles beneath the earth's surface.
- The iodine used in J.CROW'S Lugol's Solution is derived from mined crystals, not from shellfish or kelp.
- Sourced in Western USA, one of the few places in the world where such deposits exist.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- Not made from shellfish or kelp.
- The water used is distilled, pure New Hampshire spring water.
- Always fresh.
- Does not expire.
- Store at room temperature out of direct sunlight.
- No need to refrigerate.
J.CROW'S Lugol's Solution of Iodine 5% Specifications
Calculating Number of MG's of Iodine and Iodide per Drop of Lugol's Solution 5%:
- The Iodide portion of Potassium Iodide is about 75% so that is 3.75mg.
- Each vertical "metric" drop (= 1/20ml) is approximately 2.5 mg of iodine and 5mg of potassium iodide.
- In 1 vertical drop, the total Iodine plus Iodide is 2.5 + 3.75 = 6.25mg
- In 2 vertical drops, the total Iodine plus Iodide is about about 5.0 Iodine + 7.5 Iodide = 12.5 mg.
- The correct way to make a drop of Lugol's is to hold the dropper vertical and squeeze the rubber topper one drop.
- Approximately 600 vertical drops per 1 oz. bottle.
- To use as a water purifier add 2-3 drops per liter of water.
Hypothyroid and Adrenal Fatigue PDF
- Are you frequently tired?
- Are you especially tired in the afternoon?
- Do you have trouble sleeping at night?
- Do you have trouble losing weight?
- Are you often cold?
- Do you have cold hands and feet?
- Perhaps you've even been told that you don't have a thyroid problem (or that your "labs are normal")?
- Do you have low body temperature (below 98.4-98.6)?
- Does exercise make you feel ill?
- Do you feel low energy?
- Do you have hair issues such as hair loss, thin hair, brittle hair, dry hair or balding patches?
This free 6-page worksheet is organized in a simple, easy-to-follow format which includes the following resources:
- Hypothyroid Symptom Checklist
- Adrenal Fatigue Symptom Checklist
- Chart for Tracking Body Temperature
- Lab work chart for tracking results
- Basic treatment ideas from other patients
- Ideas for how to talk with a doctor
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.